Home to 2,976 people, The City of Williston was founded by Mr. and Mrs. Jessie Willis and incorporated in 1897. Williston’s Planning and Zoning Committee and City Planner are working hard to retain its country charm and maintaining its history while ensuring a vibrant economy.
Next P&Z Commission Meeting October 25, 2022 at 6PM
|Albert Fuller Sr. – Chair||Perry Adam Clark – Vice Chair||Rick Merando|
|John Becker||Daniel Stewart||Matthew Bellefleur|
The City of Williston utilizes Municode.com. City Ordinances can be found by clicking below.
HISTORICAL AND BEAUTIFICATION COMMITTEE
The Planning and Zoning Commission makes up the membership of the Historical and Beautification Committee. The City of Williston Historical and Beautification Committee is an advisory committee to the Williston City Council that was established by City Charter for the public health, welfare, sanitation, economic stability, beautification and general civic improvement of the City. The duties of the historical and beautification committee are to recommend and survey the need for municipal improvements that will generally keep the City a fit place as to health, sanitation, civic beauty and proper economic development.
Historic Plaque Program
Thank you for your interest in the Williston Historic Plaque Program! If your property is a historic structure, or a culturally significant person or event is related to the property, you are invited to apply for a local historic landmark designation. When approved you will be presented with a Williston Historic Plaque to display on your property.
Criteria for Designation
A minimum of one of the following:
- A structure on the property is at least 80 years old;
- A person stayed at the property who was significant to the history of Williston, the state, or nation;
- An event occurred on the site that was significant to the history of Williston, a state, or national event.
The applicant should:
- Research the resource to determine historical significance.
- Obtain property owner’s permission to place a marker at the proposed marker location.
- Complete and submit the application and supporting documents.
- Arrange for installation of the marker.
Complete & Submit the Application Form
The City of Williston Historical and Beautification Committee will review all applicants for approval. If an application is not approved, they will give recommendations to applicant for future approval.